Mowing & Maintenance
At Windmill Services, we offer professional lawn mowing and maintenance services for residential properties located in Columbia, SC and the northeastern metro area, such as Forest Acres and Elgin.
The primary service in our homeowner property maintenance package is lawn mowing. Being in a more mild climate, we typically mow from early March through the end of November, which comes out to 20-30 mows per year. What’s important to know is that regardless of the traditional growing season, we’ll be there to mow as many times as needed throughout the year.
Our maintenance packages include more than just mowing your yard. Our packages include standard services such as string-trimming around structures and obstacles, adding a sharp edge your lawn and finally clean-up and debris removal.
If you’re a homeowner in the Columbia, SC area, get in touch with us today at (803) 513-3662 or complete the online form for your free quote.
Grounds maintenance for businesses and commercial properties.
When your customers visit your business, you want to make sure they have a pleasant impression by keeping up the outside of the property. All grounds maintenance packages and proposals for commercial property is done on a case-by-case basis because every business is unique. Give us a call today at (803) 513-3662 to schedule a free consultation for your property.
Our commercial property maintenance packages can include many different services, such as:
- Weekly or bi-weekly lawn mowing.
- Clearing of trimmings, debris and any trash on property.
- Edging against sidewalks, parking lot and entrance ways.
- Trimming around trees, signage, building and other objects.
- Landscape maintenance, such as plant/tree trimming, mulching, annual flower planting and more.
Our 6 Step Turf Program
(Feb 15 – Mar 30)
(Apr 1 – May 31)
(June 1 – July 15)*
(June 1 – July 15)*
(Sept 1 – Oct 15)
(Nov 1 – Nov 3)
Windmill Services has been servicing the Columbia, Forest Acres, Elgin and surrounding South Carolina areas for the past 25 years. We will continue to deliver beautifully designed landscaping with professional installation to all of our commercial and residential customers for years to come.
What are the benefits of hiring a professional to install and maintain the landscaping at your home or business?
What residential and commercial landscaping services do we provide?
- Commercial Lawn Care & Landscaping Maintenance Packages
- Residential Lawn Care & Landscaping Maintenance Packages
- Full Landscape Design & Installation
- Lawn Aeration
- Retaining Walls
- Patio Pavers
- Shrub and Tree Planting
- Irrigation Installs and Repairs
- Outdoor Landscape Lighting
- Mulch, Rock and Ground Coverings
- Trimming and Pruning of Shrubs and Small Trees
Irrigation Installation & Repairs
Many home and business owners in Columbia, Forest Acres, Elgin and other nearby South Carolina areas desire a lush, healthy and green lawn and landscape. To achieve that goal a consistent watering schedule will be needed. Our clients do not want, or have time, to set up a manual sprinkler system to hydrate their lawns and landscaping. Windmill Services offers customized irrigation systems to provide adequate water to your lawn, shrubs, trees and flowers for healthy growth.
Why do you need an irrigation system?
When we install new landscaping or sod, you want to protect that investment with proper watering so it can continue healthy growth. Installing a new irrigation system or maintaining your current one will keep your lawn and landscaping properly watered, healthy and strong.
Maintenance and repair of your irrigation system
- The Controller: This is the component that controls the system turning it on and off, based on the scheduled time and duration.
- Heads: These are what you actually see that spray your lawn and landscaping.
- Valves: These open and close to control the supply of water to each zone.
- Zone Lines: This is the pipe that connects each zone to the main line.
- Sprinkler Zone: Irrigation systems have several zones each zone has several sprinkler heads for full coverage of that zone.
- Main Line: This is the main pipe that delivers water to the rest of the irrigation system.
- Backflow Preventer: This keeps water from flowing back into the municipal water supply.
- Shutoff Valve: This is used to shut off the water supply if a water line were to break.
Sod Installation & Replacement
When the lawn at your home or business hasn’t been cared for properly sometimes it just needs to be replaced with new sod. Sod is grass that has been planted and then the grass, roots and a portion of dirt is removed, then re-laid at your home or business. Sod is used to help establish a new lawn quickly, where growing a lawn with seed is a much longer process.
The most popular sod choices for South Carolina.
- Palmetto St. Augustine: This grass has a coarse texture, grows quickly and is a good choice for a new lawn in South Carolina.
- Palisades Zoysia: Darker green in color with a medium texture that is shade tolerant and has low water usage requirements. This is a great choice for residential or commercial properties.
- Royal Zoysia: Beautiful green color with fine texture, this sod is slower growing, grows well in full shaded areas, but will also grow in partially shaded areas.
- Bermuda: Has a fine texture with a deep root system this warm season sod likes full sun and is tolerant to heat. Great for high traffic areas.
- Centipede: Is a turf grass that doesn’t need a lot of maintenance or fertilization and is a great choice for residential lawns.
How to care for your sod.
Call us today to have your lawn replaced at your home or commercial property, (803) 513-3662.
Outdoor Lighting Service
We use only professional-grade lighting systems.
- Up-Lighting: Often referred to as, accent lighting, is where we use low voltage lighting strategically placed on the ground to light up an element, like a tree.
- Down-Lighting: Just like it sounds, lighting that shines down from above and is primarily used to highlight large areas or large hardscape elements.
- Spotlighting: Used when we want to highlight a focal point or main object on your property/landscape.
- Pathlighting: A well known type of lighting that uses many lights along an entire walkway, pathway or driveway.